Insta: cccskindoc

Thursday 3 August 2017

Skin Oils for Acne Skin?

I have acne. Can I use skin oils as my facial moisturisers?


We all know oily skin are acne-prone skin. Common sense tells us that people with acne prone skin should avoid oily greasy product that can clog your pores and make your acne worse.
But a lot of people say otherwise, so is skin oil really okay for acne-prone skin?

After some search, this is what I get:

1. People don't get oily skin everywhere. A lot of people has what we called "combination skin" where one part of the skin maybe oily and another part maybe dry. It is definitely okay to use it on your dry skin area.

2. Oils have many grades. Some experts* say certain cosmetic grade mineral oils may not clog the pores.

What's my take?

Avoid it if you are not sure.

Still very keen to give it a try? Try it on a small part of your skin instead of the whole face, and share with us what happens next.


*picture is for illustration purpose only.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Telemedicine - The Yay and Nay

Telemedicine is not new. My very first telemedicine experience started in 2013 when I was still practising in government hospital. The servi...