Insta: cccskindoc

Friday 10 November 2017

Hair care tips for swimmers

I’m a professional swimmer and have very dry skin. I suspect it’s all those chlorine in the pool that has damaged my skin (and hair). I don’t want to quit swimming. What can I do?

1. Stay hydrated and drink regularly before, during and after your swim.
2. Wear silicone swim cap to protect your hair.
3. Apply occlusive moisturiser to seal your skin off chlorinated pool water before a dip.
4. Apply double layer of sunscreen and reapply every hour if you are swimming under direct sunlight.
5. Take a lukewarm shower after the swim and use a gentle cleanser. Don’t forget to use conditioner for your hair after shampooing.
6. Moisturise your skin immediately and generously after the shower.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Telemedicine - The Yay and Nay

Telemedicine is not new. My very first telemedicine experience started in 2013 when I was still practising in government hospital. The servi...